I wrote this post on my Facebook page several days ago. I was having a new allergic reaction, and armed with my new essential oils, I thought immediately of their healing power and started to brainstorm my options.
A few minutes ago, I was having a slight allergic reaction to some fresh watermelon. I occasionally react to fresh fruit like pineapple and kiwi when I have higher levels of stress in my life.
With the help of my best friend Shannon, I was able to pinpoint that my body was craving certain essential oils. At first I used Stress Away rolled on to my temples, behind my ears, and the inside of my wrists. Then I used Lavender on my lip, where I was feeling puffy and itchy. Then I smelled Peace and Calming and got a very strong reaction and decided to listen.
So I put Peace and Calming into my diffuser, and also put 5 drops in a small amount of water and took it. Down the hatch! About 5 minutes later, the itching and puffiness are subsiding, and I feel a lot better.
I know it’s not rigorous science. But I also know that essential oils have measurable effects. And I also know that our bodies are smart. We crave for a reason. And if we listen to our bodies, those inner voices become stronger. I’m SO glad I had these oils on hand as part of my “medicine cabinet”.
This isn’t the first time I have been blown away by the power of essential oils. The first time was with Deep Relief roll-on essential oil blend. It worked better than any medicines I have taken in my life! You can read about it HERE.
Essential oils are so amazing! And today’s blend is no exception. Peace and Calming had me freaking out just as much as the Deep Relief experience. Except this one hit a little more close to home, because I have had fairly extreme allergic reactions in the past. So this time I wasn’t just uncomfortable, I was scared.
And so when Peace and Calming helped stop my allergic reaction, I was emotional and extremely grateful that I was able to use such a natural, potent source for my medicine. It was either that, or take myself to urgent care if the reaction didn’t stop. I’m lucky it didn’t get to that point.
Why I Choose Young Living Essential Oils
Young Living Essential Oils are pure, unadulterated, and from a company that I wholeheartedly trust. I have used their oils and they are the best quality; tried and true. Young Living truly sets the standard for essential oils, using techniques and botanical sources that are the best quality available. They follow every aspect of production for their oils, to ensure that you are getting the purest, safest essential oils in every bottle of liquid plant power!
Essential Oils 101: The Basic Ten
When I started with my essential oils, I went straight for the premium starter kit, because it’s the best value I have found. It comes with a beautiful diffuser that you can use day or night, because it shuts off automatically after 4 hours and has an optional light. The premium starter kit also includes the basic ten everyday essential oils:
- Peace and Calming, the oil I am reviewing and giving away today!
Peace and Calming Essential Oil
I have used individual essential oils for years, but Peace and Calming is one of the first time I have used blended essential oils with such amazing results. Peace and Calming rivals allergy medication! And it worked quicker than when I use B*nadryl or other over the counter medicine. I cannot stop telling people about it.
When you blend essential oils together, the whole is truly greater than the sum of it’s parts. The possibilities are endless, and you are left with a true appreciation of the commanding potency of essential oils.
Peace and Calming essential oil blend:
…promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace and emotional well-being, helping to dampen tensions and uplift spirits. When massaged on the bottom of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night’s rest. It may calm overactive and hard-to-manage children. It also reduces depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia. (source)
Three Ways to Use Essential Oils:
- Aromatherapy: you can use a diffuser, a cotton ball or cloth with a few drops absorbed into them, or even just waft the bottle under your nose.
- Topical Application: this is achieved by applying the oil with a roll-on attachment, dabbing with a finger onto an affected area or a pressure point, and sometimes, with certain oils, diluting with a carrier oil to use the right amount.
- Internal Use: you can put essential oils into empty capsules and swallow them, or put them in your tea or a small amount of water and drink them. I can only speak for the Young Living brand of essential oils, since they are therapeutic-grade and 100% pure! Other brands do not apply here!
Peace and Calming contains tangerine, orange, ylang ylang, patchouli, and blue tansy. The combination of these oils is magical, and can be used for so many different tasks!
10 Everyday Uses for Peace and Calming:
- Meditation: diffuse several drops in a diffuser (like the one included in the Premium Starter Kit) and use during meditation
- Massage: dilute several drops in coconut oil or another carrier oil and massage muscles into serenity!
- Tension headaches: use 1 drop rubbed into the tense part of a headache, either behind the ears, at the base of the skull, on the forehead, or the temples
- Fussy Babies: rub 1 drop on each foot of a fussy baby to help ease their tension
- Yoga practice: diffuse several drops in a diffuser and use during yoga practice
- Soothe hyper pets: rub a drop behind the ears of overactive dogs to help them calm down
- Home spa: add several drops to your epsom salt or magnesium flakes as you take a hot bath, and let Peace and Calming relax your bones!
- Stress at Work: dab a drop or two behind your ears and on the inside of your wrists after a stressful meeting, or after interacting with difficult coworkers or clients
- Insomnia: combine with drops of lavender oil and diffuse at night to help with sleeplessness
- Teeth grinding: diffuse at night to help soothe jaw tension and teeth grinding (this really helped me!)