I love being efficient in the kitchen because I value my free time and I usually have better things to do than spending hours cooking food. This is why I love food that can be prepared beforehand in large batches and then refrigerated or frozen for later. These bacon egg cheese breakfast muffins are exactly that.
They are the perfect savory breakfast with all the ingredients combined together in a fluffy egg muffin. Sprinkled with herbs and spices, they’re a great way to kickstart your day. I usually eat them together with some sourdough toast and some home homemade jam. They will also work great with sausages or a small bowl of oatmeal.
I usually make these muffins when I know I won’t have the time during the week to prepare any other healthy breakfast. This way I can just take them out in the morning or even take one with me when I run errands. I highly recommend you try them out too!
- a large mixing bowl
- a whisk
- a wooden spoon
- a muffin pan
- paper muffin liners
- a ladle
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces of cooked quality bacon, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- dried basil and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the bacon and cheddar cheese. Season with a pinch of basil and a pinch of oregano (or more if you feel like it!). Add a little bit of salt and pepper too.
- Stir everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to the muffin pan using a ladle.
- Sprinkle to top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. You will know the muffins are ready when they are puffy and golden brown on top.
- Take them out of the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper cups from the pan. Use a butter knife to lightly nudge them if you have trouble.
- Serve while warm or store them in an airtight container in the fridge after they cool completely. I prefer them warm so I usually pop the refrigerated ones in the oven for a couple of minutes to heat them up before eating.
Enjoy your breakfast muffins!