After about a week of desserts, boozy drinks, and decadent brunch fare, I thought it was time to sneak a healthy recipe in (full disclosure: I’m planning on regressing tomorrow by posting my basic gluten-free pizza recipe). And it gets bonus points for coming together in about five minutes.
Baby bok choy, which are just about the cutest Asian green out there, are flash fried in a garlic, soy, and sesame sauce. Crushed red pepper adds a little bit of heat and toasted sesame seeds finish off the dish as a tasty garnish. This would be an excellent side to Teriyaki Salmon.
Quick Soy-Sesame Asian Baby Bok Choy
Yield: 4 side servings
* 2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 1 Tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* 10 baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise
* 1 Tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon sugar
* toasted sesame seeds, for garnish*
Heat sesame oil and olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for one minute. Add the bok choy and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, until the ends start to wilt. Stir in the crushed red pepper flakes and the sugar. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
* Toast whole sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat until the begin to turn golden.