What would you say about a smoothie to increase your energy level after an intense workout? Getting the nutrients in the liquid form after a workout can be the easiest option to nourish your body in the quickest way possible!
Smoothies have become increasingly popular in recent years. Delicious, easy to prepare, full of vitamins and minerals, and consistent as a snack between meals, these drinks conquer us with their appearance, an extremely tasty one.
Whether you want to fill yourself with energy from the early hours of the morning, restore your body balance, or lose a few extra pounds, a smoothie is the perfect solution to be healthier and feel fit. In addition, you will never get bored of them, especially since you have so many delicious smoothie recipes to choose from that you will indeed find some that will awaken your appetite and imagination.
And if we still haven’t convinced you of the benefits of this drink, here are five other reasons why you should include smoothies in your diet:
1. I can help you not skip meals
How many times have you missed a meal for lack of time? According to Nourished, breakfast is the meal most people skip, in the morning rush, when they have to get ready for work, to help the little ones get dressed for school, or when they happen to wake up later than the alarm rang.
If you sometimes find yourself in such situations, you should know that a smoothie can be prepared in just a few minutes, and you can use ingredients that turn it into a complete meal. This harmful habit often makes you eat more at the next meal or choose foods that are not exactly healthy.
2. It helps you eat more fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are essential in a healthy diet, but we often consume enough to enjoy their nutrient intake. On the other hand, if you make a habit of preparing smoothies daily, you will be able to successfully include in your diet even vegetables that you rarely eat, such as spinach or kale.
3. Represents a suitable snack after a workout at the gym
We need protein to increase our muscle mass but also to help our muscle tissue recover faster. That’s why smoothies are so popular with athletes, even performance athletes. The fact that you can customize this drink according to your tastes and needs is an indisputable advantage. All you have to do is take the smoothie with you to the gym and consume it immediately after training to rehydrate your body and restore your energy.
Even if you’re not working out, smoothies are the perfect snack at any time of the day. You can make them with almost any kind of fruit or vegetable, and they are a significant source of vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
You can use this colorful smoothie to sneak some vegetables into your children’s diet; they will enjoy the delicious taste without noticing the greens.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (when made with unsweetened almond milk):
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate: 35 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Sugar: 20 g (don’t worry, it is the natural sugar from fruits)
- Fiber: 11 g
- Total Fat: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 195 mg 13 % Potassium: 330 mg 7 %
Purple Energy Berries Smoothie
- high power blender
For 2 servings
- 1 scoop of protein powder (choose whatever flavor you like)
- 1/2 cup of frozen cranberries
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup of unsweetened milk (almond, cashew, coconut)
- ice cubes, optional
- To the bottom of the blender, add the protein powder first, then frozen fruits, yogurt, chia seeds, baby spinach, and finish by pouring over the milk and ice cubes. Pulse for about one minute or until the smoothie reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!