Sandwiches with healthy ingredients can successfully replace any main meal, especially if the vegetable season allows you to try some delicious vegan recipes. Even if you are used to seeing the base of a sandwich around meat and cheese, find out that you do not need animal products to make a tasty and nutritious sandwich. And this sandwich is the proof you need!
Honey Mustard Sandwich with Crispy Tofu successfully satisfies the need to eat something consistently but still very fragrant.
The ingredients are available to anyone, and the only thing more difficult is that, if you want to come out ideally, in the ten minutes it takes to prepare, you have to pay full attention to them.
You probably already know that meat is a complete protein. Tofu is the meat of vegetarians because it has as many proteins as chicken or beef. A serving of tofu has 21 grams of protein, which means almost half of the daily requirement.
If I aroused your curiosity, all you have to do is a test!
Honey Mustard Sandwich with Crispy Tofu
- parchment paper
- a small mixing bowl
- a medium mixing bowl
- a medium pan
- 4 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons of Sabra Honey Mustard Spread
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of Champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- a pinch of black pepper
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 3 ounces of roasted red peppers
- coconut cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- First, take the tofu out of the package and drain the juice as well as possible. Then cut into slices and place them on paper towels arranged on a flat surface. Cover them with another layer of paper towels and put something heavy on top, such as a plate. Let the pieces of tofu press for at least 20 minutes. Check the wipes and, if they are too wet, replace them.
- Combine two tablespoons of Honey Mustard Spread with honey in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine almond meal with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and sea salt in a medium bowl in a medium bowl.
- Coat tofu slices in the honey mixture thoroughly and then with the almond meal mixture.
- Line the tofu slices on parchment paper and spray with cooking spray just a little bit.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, flipping the slices halfway.
- While the tofu is baking, heat avocado oil in a medium pan.
- Add in minced garlic and mushrooms slices, stir and cover the pan with a lid. Leave to cook on low heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Toast the bread slices according to your preference.
- Use the remaining one tablespoon of Honey Mustard spread on two of the bread slices.
- Add lettuce leaves and mushrooms over the bread slices and cover with roasted red pepper.
- Top with roasted tofu slices and cover with the remaining bread slice.