Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce

Must Try Recipes

Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, cranberries are one of the healthiest fruits in the world. When it comes to the urinary system, the benefits of cranberries are undeniable. This is why I’ll be sharing this sugar-free cranberry sauce recipe with you.

Cranberries contain provitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, C, minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, tannins, dietary fiber, flavonoids, saponins, essential fatty acids, and more.

Let’s all agree that the most well-known way cranberries are used is the famous cranberries sauce which is an essential part of every Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner.

The cranberry sauce that you can find in the stores has a lot of added sugars, and, unfortunately, you can even find it on The List of the most unhealthy holiday-themed foods.

The nutritional values ​​of cranberries

Fresh cranberries contain about 90% water, and the remaining 10% is fiber and carbohydrates. A cup of raw and unsweetened cranberries contains:

  • 46 calories
  • 0 grams of fat
  • 12 grams of carbohydrates
  • 4 grams of fiber
  • 4 grams of sugar
  • 1 gram of protein
  • 2 milligrams of sodium

When cranberries are dried, they lose most of their vitamins, but they hold on to other nutrients such as potassium and calcium.

With this being said, I challenge you to try this healthy recipe, and you will never want to buy the sauce from the store!

Sugar-free Cranberry Sauce

Necessary equipment:

  • a medium stockpot
  • a wooden spoon
  • a glass jar with a lid


  • 16 ounces of fresh cranberries
  • 1/2 cup of lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup of orange juice
  • 1 teaspoon powdered stevia
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
  • 2 stars anise
  • 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt


  1. Wash the cranberries and drain them well.
  2. Prepare a medium-sized stockpot and put the cranberries. Pour over the lemon and orange juice.
  3. Bring the cranberry mixture to a boil and immediately reduce to low heat.
  4. Add in the stevia, cardamom powder, stars anise, and sea salt. Cook covered for another 15 minutes while stirring gently from time to time.
  5. When the cooking process is over, turn off the heat and set it aside to cool down. Once cooled, pour the sauce into a glass jar and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.

What a wonderful flavor! What a taste! It’s exactly how I wanted it to be: sweet-sour, fragrant, and very tasty. It has a beautiful color and a relatively dense consistency – the sauce will thicken even more after cooling!

Cranberry sauce can be served with various meat dishes. It is ideal for lamb or turkey steak.

Latest Kitchen Guides

Kitchen Must-haves