Do you need extra energy in the morning? In this case, you should try these energy balls that give you energy and contain all the necessary nutrients you need during the day! Prepare them the day before, and you won’t have to worry about breakfast or breakfast.
All the ingredients in these balls combine in a perfect harmony of flavors. They contain healthy ingredients such as pea protein, goji berries, chia seeds, and raw cocoa. You can enjoy these energy bites without baking at any time of the day, and you can replenish your energy stocks, for example, before a workout or during a tiring hiking session.
These delicious energy bites are so tasty, and the best part is that they don’t contain any added sugar. The sweet taste comes from the dates and goji berries.
Facts about the nutrients
Medjool dates are the queens of dates, also called “paradise fruits,” they are tasty, meaty, creamy. They make you think of the taste of caramel while melting in your mouth and bring a series of benefits to the body. Dates are a natural source of vitamins (A, B, C, K), rich in antioxidants and proteins, fiber, and minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, sulfur, phosphorus, and potassium. They are considered the healthiest fruits. With each swallow, they improve your mood and give you a state of mental and physical comfort.
Cocoa is at the forefront of superfoods. It contains about 300 chemically identified substances, making it one of the most complex foods in the world. Cocoa contains many minerals (iron, magnesium, copper, chromium, zinc, manganese), vitamins (especially vitamin C), and antioxidants!
In the composition of goji berries, many bioactive compounds are distinguished by their antioxidant effect. Among essential nutrients are carbohydrates in the proportion of 46%, dietary fiber in the ratio of 16%, protein in the proportion of 13%, and fat in only 1.5%. In addition, goji berries are an essential source of micronutrients, such as minerals and vitamins (iron, calcium, sodium, vitamins A and C). Phenolic compounds, polysaccharides, and carotenoids are components of these fruits that bring the most significant benefits to the body.
Raw Cacao, Nut & Berries Energy Bites
- a medium mixing bowl
- a food processor
- an ice cream scoop
- 1/2 cup of Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of pea protein
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of goji berries, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Put the dates, cashews, pea protein, chia seeds, cacao nibs, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a food processor.
- Add in the soaked goji berries together with the water they soaked in.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are well combined, and the texture looks like a dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop and form equal-sized energy balls. For a more accessible roll, pour some water on your hands and smooth them out.
- Roll the balls in coconut flakes.
- Place them into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.