Some time ago, a friend told me that I should post more straightforward recipes on the blog for people who do not have much experience in the kitchen or do not have the time or desire to spend too much time cooking. When I asked him to give me an example, he told me that I could also post sandwich recipes. I laughed then, thinking, “what great sandwich recipe could I put?”.
Then, I thought better of it and realized that the presentation of such “recipes” might justify the idea. That is, it may be the presentation of a less common combination or even a specific ingredient. Not to mention that it is always better to prepare a sandwich at home on our own than to buy one on the run at work, which contains all kinds of sauces with many additives are just a few slices of “smeared” bread with something.
Sometimes I make a sandwich with salmon and spinach. The combination of soft and fragrant salmon with tender spinach and crispy red onions can be the winning recipe for a delicious sandwich. It is tasty, fast, nutritious, and inviting.
When I know I will have a busy day, and I won’t have time to prepare lunchtime, I make this sandwich, and my day is saved!
Salmon is a fish appreciated by nutritionists, as it is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids, essential amino acids, and proteins while also providing the body with healthy fats. In addition to this, it is a highly delicious fish, which you can cook in different ways.
Pair the juicy cooked salmon fillets with two slices of whole-wheat bread and sauteed spinach, and you will have a delicious and nutritious sandwich on your plate! Just perfect for grabbing it on the go for your lunch!
Baby Spinach Salmon Sandwich
- a pan grill
- a skillet
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound boneless and skinless wild salmon fillets
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread with seeds
- 1 small tomato
- 1 small red onion
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- Combine extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and herbs in a small bowl or jar to make the marinade.
- Place the salmon fillets into a container and cover them with the marinade. Cover the container, place it in the fridge, and allow the fillets to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the fillets from the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the pan grill to medium heat and lightly spray it with cooking spray (coconut oil or olive oil). Place them onto the prepared pan grill and grill for about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Then, carefully flip the salmon fillets and grill for another 5 minutes on the other side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on low heat while the salmon fillet cools down, add the baby spinach, and saute for 2 minutes, covered.
- When the spinach has cooked, transfer to a bowl.
- Use a knife to slice the tomato and red onion into thin slices.
- Prepare the slices of bread. Place lettuce leaves, sauteed spinach, tomato, and onion slices on top of two pieces of bread. Add grilled salmon slices, and top with the two other bread slices.
- For a healthy combo, serve the sandwiches with a mixed greens salad!