Who says food has to be dull? Who says we can only eat beans, carrots, mushrooms? Let’s try something new with today’s recipe – Colorful Plant Power Bowl with Cranberry-based Dressing – a mix of textures, ingredients, and flavors, so delicious and very filling!
Everything you need to know about the recipe
- It is a very filling recipe, a complete meal in a salad!
- You can prepare it in the evening for next day’s lunch box. The only condition is to pour the dressing over the salad only before serving!
- The dressing is very simple: cranberry juice, orange juice, almond oil, garlic powder and pepper. You can also add aromatic herbs to the sauce. What is certain is that there are no exact quantities for the sauce, you can adjust it according to your tastes.
Sweet, spicy, bitter, and salty, all gathered in a tasty and very nutritious dish, ready in just a few minutes. My autumn salad is a unique culinary experience, a bold combination of various tastes and textures, perfect for both lunch and a healthy and light dinner during the week.
Colorful Plant Power Bowl with Cranberry-based Dressing
- a baking dish
- an oven-proof glass baking dish
- a small bowl
- a whisk
- 1 small squash
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 can of low-sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 4 tablespoons of raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of homemade cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- a dash of garlic powder
- a dash of black pepper
- Wash and cut the squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to remove the seeds.
- Wash, rinse, and dry the brussels sprouts. Cut them in half or even quarters, depending on their size.
- Wash and chop green bell pepper. Cut red onions into slices.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and prepare a baking dish greased with coconut oil.
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking dish and drizzle with coconut oil. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- In an oven-proof glass baking dish, add the brussels sprouts, chopped onions, and green bell pepper. Drizzle with coconut oil. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once all the vegetables are roasted, mix them together with red kidney beans, and mixed greens.
- Top each serving with a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds.
I hope you try it with pleasure, this baked butternut squash salad will not disappoint you, it was the perfect lunch for me.