When it comes to celebrating the 4th of July in our house, there is nothing more perfect than these red, white, and blue smoothie popsicles! They will attract attention at any party with their vibrant colors. And everyone knows that there is nothing better than a chilled popsicle after eating barbeque meals on a hot summer day.
The popsicles are made with just fruit and yogurt but if you need to avoid dairy, dairy-free yogurts or kefirs will work just as well. If you have popsicle molds then I highly recommend you try out this recipe.
Red White Blue Smoothie Popsicles
- a food processor OR a high power blender
- popsicle molds
6 popsicles (about 3.5 ounces each)
- 5 ounces of strawberry yogurt OR cashew yogurt
- 5 ounces of plain yogurt OR plain kefir OR cashew yogurt
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 t. of vanilla extract
- Put the plain yogurt, frozen banana, and vanilla extract in a food processor or a high power blender. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, filling them a little less than the halfway point.
- Put a few blueberries on top of the banana mixture.
- Place the popsicle molds in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse the food processor/blender you just used to clean it.
- Pulse the frozen strawberries and strawberry yogurt together until completely smooth.
- Take out the popsicle molds from the freezer and fill them up to the top with strawberry mixture.
- Stick a wooden popsicle handle into the mixture.
- Place the molds back in the freezer for at least 6 hours.