Mojito – one of my favorite cocktails and it’s so easy to make at home! I love the refreshing mint and lime taste together with some light rum and raw honey syrup. It’s the perfect combination that I enjoy maybe a bit too much, especially on these hot summer evenings.
If you know anything about me then you surely know that I simply love making cocktails. I think it’s such a wonderful way of trying out different flavor combinations and it’s great fun to do at parties. That’s part of the reason I have mint growing on my veranda and I recommend you plant some too! There is no comparison between fresh mint you grew yourself and the mint bought at the grocery store covered with pesticides.
- a cocktail shaker
- a cocktail muddler
- a measuring shot glass
- a tall glass for serving
- 1 ½ ounces of light rum
- ¾ ounces of fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce of homemade honey syrup
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 dashes of Aromatic Bitters
- mineral water
*Honey syrup recipe: You will need equal parts of filtered water and raw honey. Heat the water in the saucepan and then remove it from the stove. Add in the honey and stir together until you get a syrup-like consistency. Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Use a cocktail muddler to combine lime juice, honey syrup, and one mint sprig together in a cocktail shaker.
- Add in the rum and Aromatic Bitters.
- Shake together.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass filled ¾ with small ice cubes.
- Fill the glass to the top with mineral water.
- Decorate the top with the other fresh mint sprig.
Enjoy your homemade refreshing Mojito!